Becoming a Hearing Health Advocate in Midlife

I am proud to be featured on Next Act For Women, a wonderful website about reinvention in midlife, discussing my transformation into a hearing health advocate.  In a wide-ranging interview, Hélène asks me about my background growing up, my family life and why I left my career in finance to become a hearing health advocate. I talk Continue reading

How To Enjoy A Barbecue With Hearing Loss

I love summer barbecue parties — Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July, or just a regular summer weekend. It is fun to gather friends and family to enjoy the summer weather, each other’s company and the casual fare. Parties can be a challenge for people with hearing loss, but barbecues are some of the easiest to navigate. Barbecues Continue reading

HLAA’s Convention 2016 – A Time For Friendship & Focus

I just got back from Hearing Loss Association of America’s (HLAA) 2016 Convention in Washington DC. I loved it! I learned a lot in the plenary and small group sessions and had the opportunity to connect and reconnect with hearing loss advocates from around the world. Every aspect of the program was hearing loss accessible Continue reading

Can You Do Yoga With A Hearing Loss?

I love yoga! Not only is it fun, but I find the health benefits to be extraordinary. My yoga practice saved me from real injury during a fall last year, and I think that it, combined with meditation, has helped calm the severity of my tinnitus. I recommend yoga to everyone I meet — whether Continue reading

Open Captions On Broadway!

I love attending the theater, but with hearing loss it can be challenging. The dialogue moves quickly, performers sometimes speak in heavy accents, and the phrasing of the songs can make it hard to understand what is being said. What a dream it would be if the performances were captioned. Well, it turns out some of them Continue reading

%%footer%%