I’m An Oticon Focus On People Awards Finalist!

I am excited to announce that I have been chosen as a finalist in the 2015 Oticon Focus on People Awards in the Advocacy category. The Oticon Focus on People Awards recognize outstanding people with hearing loss who are helping to show that hearing loss does not limit a person’s ability to make a positive difference Continue reading

A Road Map For Those New To Hearing Loss

Do you know someone who is new to hearing loss? Maybe they haven’t yet accepted that they have a hearing loss, or maybe they are just starting to acknowledge it, but don’t know what to do first, or second. I know some people like that, myself included, at one point. I wish someone had shared Continue reading

HLAA Convention Recap: Feeling A Hearing Loss Connection

Have you ever been to a place where hearing loss was the norm rather than the exception? Where hearing aids and cochlear implants were on proud display as far as the eye could see? Where your hearing issues were a source of connection rather than division? I hadn’t, until I attended my first HLAA Convention Continue reading

My First HLAA Convention: A New Community for Me

I will be attending my first HLAA convention next week! I have to admit that attending in years past was not even on my radar screen. I was mostly in denial about my hearing loss and did not want to associate myself with the hearing loss community in that meaningful of a way. But in Continue reading

%%footer%%