And it’s a wrap on another year for Living With Hearing Loss. Thank you to all my readers for sharing your thoughts and questions and helping me build a welcoming and enriching community for all of us. It has a been a busy year of writing, speaking, “We Hear You” screenings, and of course the launch of Hear & Beyond: Live Skillfully with Hearing Loss, co-authored with Gael Hannan.
As we look towards 2023, it is fun to take a look back at the highlights of 2022. See below for my favorite 2022 moments and please share yours in the comments.
Most Popular Posts of 2022
Below find the 5 posts of 2022 with the most views. Some were controversial, while others were more universally liked. Feel free to share your favorite posts with your family, friends, and local communities to help build awareness and empathy for hearing loss issues.
- When will Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Embrace Disability?
- Opinion: My Hearing Loss IS a Loss
- My Kids Aren’t CODAs, They’re COHLAs
- When Hearing Loss Hurts
- Hearing Loss in the Hospital is Hell
“Hear & Beyond” A 2022 Highlight
In May 2022, Gael Hannan and I released our book “Hear & Beyond: Live Skillfully with Hearing Loss.” We are so proud of the wonderful response from both the hearing loss community and the professional community.
“Hear & Beyond” is available wherever books are sold as well as in many public libraries across the country. You can grab your copy on Amazon here.
If you liked the book, please write a review on Amazon or your favorite book review site. Reviews help others find the book too.
Favorite Podcast Episodes of 2022
Podcasts are a fun and easy way to raise awareness about hearing loss, and share the tips and tricks I use to live well—or should I say skillfully—with it. I always ask podcasters to provide a transcript so the audio is accessible for people with hearing loss. Most are happy to do so.
Here are a few of my favorite podcasts from 2022.
- Living Skillfully with Hearing Loss — Habits & Health Podcast. Watch here.
- Shari Eberts’ Hearing Loss Story — Hearing Wellness Journey Podcast. Watch here.
- Shari Eberts and Gael Hannan on their book ‘Hear & Beyond’ — Ida Institute. Watch here.
- Living Skillfully with Hearing Loss — This Week in Hearing Podcast. Watch here.
- Conversation with Shari Eberts & Gael Hannan — The Hearing Journal Podcast. Listen here.
Happy New Year!
I am taking next week off but will be back in 2023 with more hearing loss advocacy, writing and speaking. And of course more community building with all of you! If you like Facebook, please feel free to join our Facebook Group too.
Readers, what was your favorite hearing loss happening of 2022?