How To Survive & Thrive at Thanksgiving Dinner When You Have Hearing Loss

It’s that time of year again — Thanksgiving — so it is time for our annual Thanksgiving Post. Please enjoy this oldie but goodie from the archives. The points are as relevant as ever. I hope this helps you make the most of your upcoming holiday celebration. Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays Continue reading

How To Prepare for an Emergency When You Have Hearing Loss

September is emergency preparedness month making my most recent NYC Chapter HLAA meeting very timely. It was all about emergency preparedness with a special emphasis on tips for people with hearing loss. I thought the information was so useful, I wanted to share it with my readers. The session brought me back to the horrible days Continue reading

Why Hearing Loss Advocacy Is So Important

Advocacy is defined by Merriam-Webster as the act or process of supporting a cause or proposal. Dictionary.com defines it as the act of pleading for, supporting or recommending, but my favorite definition is by Wiktionary which says that advocacy is the practice of supporting someone to make their voice heard. What is more important than having Continue reading

Hearing Loss: Stand Up And Be Counted

It is exciting to see hearing loss getting more attention. I recently wrote about the groundbreaking report from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) which declared hearing loss “a significant public health concern” and made a series of recommendations for “institutional, technological and regulatory change to enable consumers to find and fully use the appropriate, affordable, and high-quality services, technologies, Continue reading

Becoming a Hearing Health Advocate in Midlife

I am proud to be featured on Next Act For Women, a wonderful website about reinvention in midlife, discussing my transformation into a hearing health advocate.  In a wide-ranging interview, Hélène asks me about my background growing up, my family life and why I left my career in finance to become a hearing health advocate. I talk Continue reading

%%footer%%