Have Hearing Loss? You Are Not Alone

Hearing loss can make us feel isolated and alone, especially if we lose our hearing later in life. We are facing new challenges with communication, relationships and everyday living, but we don’t know who to talk to about them. Or what to do to overcome these difficulties. Often, we don’t have other people with hearing Continue reading

Documentary “We Hear You” Shines a Light on the Hearing Loss Experience

Do you feel like hearing loss is accurately represented in mainstream media? Neither do I. Of the 48 million Americans who have trouble hearing, only 2 million identify as Deaf (capital D), using sign language as their primary form of communication. Yet, sign language is the lived experience that is most often portrayed on the Continue reading

Zoom Makes ASR Captioning Free for People with Hearing Loss

Success! Zoom has heard our community’s voice! Zoom just announced it will provide its high-quality ASR captions (Live Transcript) FREE for people with hearing loss, as well as other groups who require this feature for accessibility reasons. Click here to request access. This feature will be rolled out to all free accounts by Fall 2021. Continue reading

Our Top 10 Hearing Loss Blog Posts of 2020

Happy 2021 and good riddance 2020! It is no surprise that many of our most popular blog posts this year were related in some way to Covid-19. Whether it was mask wearing or the move to video conference calls, people with hearing loss faced new challenges with grit and resilience. We came together to advocate Continue reading

Sound of Metal Movie Ignores the Typical Hearing Loss Experience

Whenever a mainstream movie or television show features hearing loss — I get excited. I hope it will raise awareness about the challenges of hearing loss without inducing pity. That it will break down stigmas and generate empathy. I search each moment for a slice of my own life that might help my family and Continue reading

%%footer%%